THE FUTURE OF AVIATION. REPORT PREPARED BY THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON AVIATION AND TRANSPORTATION R&D OF THE COMMITTEE ON SICENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, NINETY-FOURTH CONGRESS
Statements are presented here concerning the organization for aviation, research and development in aviation and aeronautics, as well as aviation R&D facilities and programs. A critical review of FAA R&D proposals and facilities utilization emphasizes the need for major systems improvements and change in direction for future requirements. It is noted that the adequacy and efficiency of the Air Traffic Management System is absolutely pivotal for the health of the domestic air transportation system. A review is of NASA's wind tunnel resources concludes that the government owned wind tunnel inventory is adequate for current and currently forecast requirements with some notable exceptions. It is recommended that some form of formal flight research program, complementary to wind tunnel research be developed into an ongoing national program.
Government Printing OfficeSuperintendent of Documents
Washington, DC United States 20402-9325
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Development; Federal government; Financing; Military transportation; Personnel; Research; Technical assistance; Telecommunications
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00173853
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Serial EE, Vol 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM