WELDED CARRIAGE-UNDERFRAMES, L.M.S.R.
The development of the arc-welded carriage frame is discussed along with a note on future trends. Some design aspects are given as related to associated welding technology. In addition, there are several points taken from the discussion that consider economy, stress lock-up, and materials, specifically stainless steel and aluminum alloys. Adherence to standardized framing is emphasized.
Temple Press Limited161-166 Fleet Street
Longon EC4, England
- Publication Date: 1947-5-23
- Pagination: p. 530-31
- RAILWAY GAZETTE
- Volume: 86
- TRT Terms: Construction; Economics; Fabrication; Motor vehicle bodies; Passenger cars; Technology; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Car body; Car design
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Economics; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00037910
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 4 1994 12:00AM