INTERNATIONAL AIR TRANSPORTATION CONFERENCE. 1977
The papers are published which were presented at the Bi-annual specialty conference, which has as its theme, "Aviation: issues and outlook". Twenty two papers were presented at five sessions. The session on financial issues and outlook considered future requirements and availability of aviation capital, and views on the international aviation infrastructure. The session on the impact of regulatory measures covered airline deregulation, environmental regulations, and the impact of regulatory measures. The future prospects of aircraft technology was covered in the third session, and included papers on energy efficiency, fuels, wake-vortex and wind-shear prediction and avoidance systems. Session four on airside and landside considerations included aspects such as ground access demands at Los Angeles, airfield pavement design, and research and development priorities. The fifth session included the viewpoints of aircraft manufacturers, airlines, and airport operators and the international viewpoint.
- Proceedings of the Air Transportation Specialty Confernence, Capital Hilton, Washington D.C., April 4-6, 1977.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 415 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airlines; Airport access; Airport runways; Airports; Energy; Finance; Financing; Forecasting; Fuels; Impacts; International trade; Regulations; Wakes; Wind shear
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy; Finance; Law; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173843
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Civil Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM