PROCEEDINGS OF THE WORKSHOP: AIR TRANSPORTATION DEMAND AND SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
The proceedings reported here are segmented into 6 classes. The first panel on the role of government agencies on aviation included papers on the following: elasticities of air transport; aviation forecasts and forecasting methodology; aviation economics; demand estimation as a factor in R&D program planning; and the role of the EPA in regulating aircraft/airport noise. The second panel on the issues of concern to airport authorities included papers on the need for an integrated approach to data collection; ground access--the key to airport development; items of importance to the future of airports; and basic airport data assembly, storage and access for planning and operational use. Papers by the panel on forecasting as perceived by the airline industry covered research needs by the airfreight system, the identification of service and the contributions of air transportation to the economy, fares/cost and short haul air transportation, and commuter airlines. The activities of the financial community in the airline industry was covered by papers in a fourth panel. The panel on issues in the quantity and equality of air transportation data covered financial and traffic data, O&D and service segment data, international traffic forecasting and air transportation data activities. The role of aircraft manufacturers in the forecasting process was covered in the last panel which included, among others, papers on surplus seat management.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyFlight Transportation Laboratory
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 486 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft noise; Airlines; Airport access; Airports; Commuter airlines; Databases; Demand; Development; Economic forecasting; Economics; Federal government; Industries; Regulations; Research; Short haul; Systems analysis; Travel demand
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Law; Passenger Transportation; Research; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173842
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Report/Paper Numbers: R75-8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM