COMPATIBILITY OF SIGNALING WITH A.C. PHASE CONTROLLED MOTIVE POWER
This paper describes the basic considerations regarding interference susceptibility of both wayside and trainborn signaling systems. The fundamental mechanisms which cause noise signals to be coupled from the traction power system to the signaling systems are defined with particular emphasis on the effects of harmonics of traction power. The behaviour of the signaling systems is considered for both normal and abnormal conditions. Finally, the entire subject will be calibrated using quantitative data obtained from a series of tests using an E60CP locomotive in actual operation.
- Presented at the 1978 Joint ASME and IEEE Railroad Conference, April 12, 1978 by Anthony G. Ehrlich.
Westinghouse Air Brake CompanyWilmerding, PA United States
- Stark, D E
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Asynchronous motors; Cab signals; Choppers (Electricity); Electric locomotives; Electric power conditioning; Electromagnetic interference; Instrumentation; Railroad electrification; Tests; Thyristors; Track circuits; Traffic signal control systems
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Old TRIS Terms: Choppers; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00173794
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Westinghouse Air Brake Company
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Pap.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM