IATA AND WHAT IT DOES
The history, organization, and activities of the International Air Transport Association, the organization of airlines supplying international commercial air services, is described, with emphasis on the activities of subdivision such as the Technical Committee (which concerns itself with establishing international standards for such matters as airport facilities, aircraft noise and emissions, communications and avionics, maintenance flight crew training, and safety) the Traffic Committee (which is concerned with such matters as scheduling, fare structures, and establishing standards and regulations regarding such procedures as passenger reservations and cargo and baggage handling), and the Legal Committee (which is concerned with such matters as liability, conditions of carriage, and security). The book also contains several appendices, including the Association's bylaws, a list of member airlines, and some safety figures.
Sijthoff (AW) International Publishing Company, BVSchuttersveld 9, Postbus 26
- Brancker, JWS
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 257 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft operations; Airlines; Fares; International compacts; International trade; Liabilities; Passenger service; Regulations; Safety; Scheduling; Security; Standards
- Identifier Terms: International Air Transport Association
- Old TRIS Terms: Airline operations
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Law; Passenger Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00173704
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM