AIRFIELDS FOR GENERAL AVIATION IN SOUTH EAST ENGLAND
This report provides an assessment of how available powers and influence over the use of airfields in the region might be exercised over the coming years so that airfield usage and development can meet growth and change in aviation needs in a way that reasonably balances the interests of aviation and of local populations. In addition, this report examines operational, economic, noise and other environmental factors that are relevant to the consideration of future changes in airfield use. The report concludes by suggesting a strategy to guide future airfield development in the region, indicating how the scale and type of flying at airfields might change or be allowed or encouraged to change in the coming years in a way that reasonably balances the interests of aviation and of the local public.
Standing Conf on London and SE Regional Planning26 Old Queen Street
London SW1H 9HP, England
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Airport operations; Airport planning; Airport runways; Airports; Aviation; Development; Economics; Environmental impacts; Urban areas
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport development
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Environment; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173691
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Standing Conf on London and SE Regional Planning
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM