APPLICATION OF MINI-COMPUTERS IN THE SHIPBUILDING INDUSTRY
The paper discusses some areas and applications in a shipyard where mini-computers can be favourably introduced. Examples of current applications and developments in Norway are presented. These include MAPLIS, a material management tool, AUTOSTEEL, a local steel information system, a proposal for an on-line accounting and ledger system, developments in computer-aided and miscellaneous uses such as job entry terminals (RJE) and flexible User Terminals. The paper also outlines some future development based on the dedicated micro-computer utilizing the input/output equipment of a common communications computer.
- Proceedings of the 1975 REAPS Technical Symposium, Palm Beach Shores, Florida, June 24-25, 1975.
Illinois Institute of Technology3300 South Federal Street
Chicago, IL United States 60616-3793
- Nystrom, T
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Information processing; Information systems; Management; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard information systems; Shipyard management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00173655
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM