ROBOTS IN SHIPBUILDING
The paper reviews two programmes being conducted at the IIT Research Institute on the use of industrial robots. The methodology developed is considered technically feasible for the automation of four main areas of shipbuilding, i.e. painting, sandblasting, grinding and welding.
- Proceedings of the 1976 REAPS Technical Symposium, Palm Beach Shores, Florida, June 24-25, 1975.
Illinois Institute of Technology3300 South Federal Street
Chicago, IL United States 60616-3793
- Hanify, D W
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic welding; Automation; Robots; Sand blasting; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard automation
- Subject Areas: Construction; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173654
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM