AUTOFIT: COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN AND PRODUCTION OF PIPING SYSTEMS
AUTOFIT is the name of a development project which was started in 1973 by Shipping Research Services A/S/ of Oslo, Norway. It is related to the problems of outfitting and, in particular, the design and production of pipe systems. A fairly big part of AUTOFIT will be designed and implemented as on-line systems. Typical batch operations, such as definition of a set of standards, will be run in batch mode. In subsystems where part of the information is graphical, the communication with the system will go through a graphical terminal. The first version of the system will be based on a TEKTRONIX 4014 storage tube connected to a UNIVAC 1110.
- Proceedings of the 1975 REAPS Technical Symposium, Palm Beach Shores, Florida, June 24-25, 1975.
Illinois Institute of Technology3300 South Federal Street
Chicago, IL USA 60616-3793
- Eng, O
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Computer aided design; Information systems; Pipelines; Piping systems; Ship outfitting; Shipyards; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Outfitting; Piping design; Shipyard automation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173652
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM