SPADES SYSTEM CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS
For enhancement of the SPADES system three new modules are currently planned and under development: 1. Ship Production and Control Module (SPAC). A management information system which utilizes the information collected on the SPADES Data Base. 2. Detail Engineering Module (DEMO). A module that is designed not only to produce engineering drawings, but to aid in data collection and consequent loading of the data base with information generated by the Engineering Department. 3. Pipe Length and End-Cuts Program (PLEC). A special program to aid in fabrication of complex three-dimensional pipe structures, which is of special interest to manufacturers of oil rig structures. The paper presents the basic data flows for these modules together with brief descriptions of the prerequisite inputs and some examples of the reports generated by the system.
- Proceedings of the 1976 REAPS Technical Symposium, Atlanta, Georgia, June 15-16, 1976.
Illinois Institute of Technology3300 South Federal Street
Chicago, IL USA 60616-3793
- Schulze, A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Fabrication; Information systems; Management information systems; Pipe; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipe fabrication; Shipyard information systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00173647
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM