USE OF THE SPADES SYSTEM DURING THE ENGINEERING, DESIGN AND DETAIL PHASES
This paper outlines a procedure by which the SPADES computer-aided ship design system can be used in its present state during the engineering, design and detailing phases, and how future modules may improve on these applications. The procedure covers the use of the SPADES system, assuming that the engineering functions can be categorised in the following phases: Hull Form Definition; Scantlings Definition; Detail Working Drawings; and Drawings Revisions.
- Proceedings of the 1975 REAPS Technical Symposium, Palm Beach Shores, Florida, June 24-25, 1975.
Illinois Institute of Technology3300 South Federal Street
Chicago, IL USA 60616-3793
- Lowery, L
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computers; Hulls; Naval architecture; Scantlings; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull forms
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173645
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM