PROPULSION, CAVITATION AND PROPELLER-INDUCED PRESSURE FLUCTUATIONS OF A TANKER (COMPARATIVE TESTS IN SSPA CAVITATION TUNNEL NO. 2 AND NSMB DEPRESSURIZED TOWING TANK)
The paper describes comparative tests carried out with models of a 300,000 dwt tanker in full load and ballast conditions. The full scale wake pattern predicted with a method developed at "NSMB" is compared with the wake predicted with the "SSPA" extrapolation method.
- SNAME Spring Meeting, Philadelphia, Penn., June 2-5, 1976.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Dyne, G
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Atmospheric pressure; Cavitation (Mechanics); Force; Propellers; Propulsion; Tankers; Tanks (Containers); Towing devices; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Pressure fluctuations; Propeller induced forces; Tanker propulsion; Towing tanks; Wake measurement
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173635
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM