HUMAN COLLISION AVOIDANCE BEHAVIOR AND UNCERTAINTY AS A FUNCTION OF VISIBILITY, TRAFFIC DENSITY AND NAVIGATIONAL AID
Report of an investigation carried out by the CAORF (U S Maritime Administrations Computer Aided Operations Research Facility) to find out the human performance under conditions of varying levels of visibility and traffic configuration and the level of electronic aiding in the wheelhouse.
- Presented in Chicago, July, 1977. Also sponsored by Instrument Society of America, IEEE Computer Society, Society of Computer Simulation. Paper in Proceedings 1977 Computer Simulation Conference.
American Mathematical SocietyP.O. Box 6248
Providence, RI United States 02940
- Williams, K E
- Riek, J P
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges (Ships); Crash avoidance systems; Decks (Ships); Electronic navigation; Human machine systems; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Naval architecture; Personnel performance; Ship operations; Ship simulators; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge operations; Electronic navigation aids; Human performance; Man machine communications; Wheelhouse design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00173628
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM