MOTIVE POWER OF THE FUTURE
An abstract is given of a paper that discusses railway motive power. Emphasis is placed on electrification of the railways coupled with the judicious use of diesel traction as being prime factors for rehabilitation of the British Railways. A strong case is made for electrification based on revised economic data, projections of future passenger and freight traffic, and the need for a properly intergrated system of inland transportation.
Temple Press Limited161-166 Fleet Street
Longon EC4, England
- Missenoen, E
- Publication Date: 1949-11-25
- Pagination: 2 p.
- RAILWAY GAZETTE
- Volume: 91
- TRT Terms: Diesel locomotives; Economics; Electric locomotives; Locomotives; Railroad electrification; Railroad traffic; Railroads; Technology
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Economics; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00037890
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 4 1994 12:00AM