ST. LOUIS RAILROAD GATEWAY TERMINAL RESTRUCTURING PROJECT--PHASE I
This report documents the analyses and results of Phase I of the St. Louis Terminal Restructuring Project. Phase I has been limited to the development and preliminary examination of a physical restructuring plan with order-of-magnitude costs. This physical restructuring plan for the St. Louis terminal area has been developed by a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) composed of representatives of the seventeen railroad companies operating in the St. Louis terminal. The TAC's restructuring plan would provide for expansion of one classification yard, construction of a new classification yard, modification of an existing yard for industry support, construction of a TOFC/COFC facility, and mainline corridor upgrading. Railroad bridge upgrading would be an option for further analysis. The TAC's restructuring plan would be refined through substantial additional analysis in Phase II of the project. The primary community impacts of the restructuring plan would be the release of approximately 800 acres of riverfront land for redevelopment and relocation of approximately seventy dwellings and commercial/institutional structures.
- Prepared for U.S Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Policy and Program Development, Washington, D.C.
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15206
KAISER ENGINEERSOAKLAND, CA USA
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Lewis, D C
- Hillegas, B D
- Miller, S M
- Anderson, C
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 236 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Classification yards; Consolidations; Cost estimating; Environmental impacts; Estimates; Interchanges; Intermodal terminals; Layout; Lines of track; Operations; Planning; Railroad facilities; Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Reconstruction; Relocation (Facilities); Socioeconomic factors; Urban areas; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Line relocation; Operations planning; St. louis terminal; Urban railroad relocation; Yard layout planning; Yard throughput
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Economics; Environment; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173472
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/OPPD-78-6 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-65181
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM