CONTAINERISATION INTERNATIONAL YEARBOOK 1978
This Yearbook consists of six chapters and appendices covering the following information. 1) Solving the Intermodal Puzzle-assesses progress in container transportation to date and highlights the problem areas that combine to make a puzzle of the intermodal dream. 2) World Container Port Traffic League-world container terminals and their comparative traffics expressed in TEUs. 3) Country-By-Country Surveys. 4) Services-guide to deep sea, short-sea and combined transport operators, international rail services, landbridges and minibridges. 5) "Containerisation International" Register of Container-Carrying Vessels. 6) Equipment Guide-containers and trailers, container handling, container stowing, components and ancillary equipment/services, shipboard equipment, swop body systems, trade names, manufacturers' A-Z listing. The appendices cover (1) Unit Load Data--international standards for freight containers and pallets; constructional ratings, dimensions and loadings (2) Leasing Companies (3) Repair Companies (4) Container Certification--requirements for safety in handling, customs approval and food transport, with a guide to certification organisations (5) Insurance (6) Glossary (7) International Organisations and Associations (8) International Bibliography.
National Magazine Company LimitedChestergate House Vauxhall Bridge Road
London SW1V 1HF, England
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 450 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling equipment; Certification; Container handling; Container terminals; Container traffic; Containerization; Containers; Containerships; Equipment leasing
- Old TRIS Terms: Container certification
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00173471
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Magazine Company Limited
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM