REGENERATIVE CHOPPER PROPULSION SYSTEM FOR MODERN TRANSIT TRANSIT
The regenerative chopper dc propulsion system offers a substantial economic saving over more conventional types of dc traction systems. A description of operation is presented for one of the various regenerative systems that is presently being used. A simplified economic analysis is then utilized to identify that the economic advantages of the system are readily achievable by the transit operator. The contribution of the separately excited dc traction motor to this economic gain is identified.
- For Meeting, August 8-11, 1977.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Kimball, J G
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Choppers (Electricity); Direct current; Direct current motors; Economic analysis; Electric power conditioning; Electric power supply; Energy conservation; Motors; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Regenerative braking; Street railroads; Traction; Traction drives
- Old TRIS Terms: Choppers; Dc supply systems; Regenerative choppers
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Environment; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173404
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: n 770681 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1981 12:00AM