MFPG (MECHANICAL FAILURES PREVENTION GROUP) -- DETECTION, DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS
These proceedings consist of a group of 24 submitted papers. The central theme of the proceedings is detection, diagnosis and prognosis as related to mechanical failure. The first session (6 papers) on oil analysis considers statistical analysis of wear-metal concentration, effective fluid analysis of oil-wetted systems, and three papers on ferrographic analysis. Session II on mechanical signature analysis (6 papers) includes its use as a first step in quantifying the characteristics of operating machinery, the use of spectrum analysis, vibration signature analysis techniques, the role of signal processing, and diagnostic techniques for steam turbines and for induction motor rotors. Session III considers new detection, diagnosis and prognosis techniques and equipment (6 papers). Session IV has two papers on railroad system diagnosis (for train-accident reduction, and for railroad roller bearings). Session V (3 papers) discusses land-vehicle diagnostics, including diesel-engine diagnostics. A final paper describes remote diagnostic techniques used in Viking Lander operations.
- Proc of the 26th Meet of the Mech Failures Prev Group, Chicago, Ill, May 17-19, 1977.
National Bureau of Standards14th Between E Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20234
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 296 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Derailments; Diagnostic tests; Diesel engines; Failure analysis; Fracture mechanics; Information processing; Lubricating oils; Machinery; Prevention; Preventive maintenance; Railroad crashes; Roller bearings; Safety; Spectrographic analysis; Spectrum analysis; Testing; Vehicles; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Diagnostics
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel engine diagnostics; Natural sciences applications
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173401
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Spec Publ n 494 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM