THE LIFELINE OF CONTROL, COMMUNICATION AND POWER. 1 CABLES. 2 CABLE ROUTES.
Reviews the developments in cables from their early beginnings to the present, including cables to combat fire hazards, track to train communications and optical fibers. In part 2, the importance of the protection provided by the cable route is stressed.
- Advance Paper presented to the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers.
Institution of Railway Signal EngineersLondon, England
- Curtis, R A
- HESKETH, B
- Publication Date: 1977-12-7
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Cables; Communication and control; Communication systems; Fire retardants; Optical waveguides; Positive train control; Railroads; Telecommunications; Traffic signal control systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00173379
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM