ADVANCED DRIVER EDUCATION, POLICE, DANVILLE, FINAL REPORT
Law enforcement personnel from the City of Danville and Vermilion County, Illinois received instruction in emergency and evasive action driving in a course offered by Eastern Illinois University. This training was designed to teach the police driving skills to enable them to avoid accidents or to reduce their severity. Because of the relatively small number of participants, no attempt was made to analyze the change in accident experience of the participants. The primary evaluative assessment was based on the critique of the program and the improvement in evasive driving skills resulting from the instruction. Generally the before and after tests of skill indicated some improvement at the completion of training. /Author/
- Cover title is Illinois Traffic Safety programs, Report of Evaluation or Assessment. Advanced Driver Education, Danville Police Department. Final Report.
Springfield, IL USA 62764
- Raub, R A
- Williams, C L
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Before and after studies; Defensive drivers; Driver performance; Driver training; Drivers; Personnel performance; Police; Prevention; Safety; Testing; Traffic safety education
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00173247
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proj. DE7-1395-178
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM