MOTORCYCLE SAFETY, TRANSPORT AND TRAFFIC CONTROL OVERSEAS VISIT REPORT: JAPAN (AUGUST 1977)
The purpose of this report is to summarise discussions with the major motorcycle members of the Japan Automotive Manufacturers Association, and report on the partial picture of Japanese Traffic Control and Transport gained in supplementary meetings while in Japan to attend the Seventh International Symposium on Transport and Traffic Flow Theory in Kyoto. It is recommended that a specific effort be dedicated to pulling together a comprehensive view of the users of motorcycles and their characteristics; that training for motorcyclists be specifically directed at avoidance abilities; that links between avoidance behaviour and training for skills be specifically examined to improve training and provide a quantitative basis for skills assessment; that testing procedures be developed in Australia to check on wet weather braking performance of disc brakes.
ARRBMelbourne, Victoria Australia
- WIGAN, M R
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Driver training; Manufacturing; Moisture content; Motorcycles; Traffic control; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Wet conditions
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00173225
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARR No. 78
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM