SHORT RANGE PRECISION NAVIGATION AND TRACKING SYSTEM
A navigation and tracking system using a phase locked loop has been investigated for high accuracy short range applications. Studies and laboratory experimentation indicate that an accuracy of 0.1 m. is within feasibility limits. The ranging system features continuous operation in an analog mode with high noise immunity, and all controls are TTL compatible. Immediate applications include precision seismic profiling surveys, cable placement, narrow channel navigation, and precision location of open sea bench marks. System modularity and off the shelf parts minimize cost and maximize effectiveness. Operator interaction is minimal, and cost per meter of accuracy is far below other presently available systems.
- Proceedings of Oceans '76, Second Annual Combined Conference, September 13-15, 1976, Washington, D.C.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
Marine Technology Society5565 Sterrett Place, Suite 108
Columbia, MD United States 21044
- Sternberger, W I
- LeBlanc, L R
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Harbors; Navigation processes; Navigation systems; Range (Vehicles); Ship pilotage; Tracking systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor navigation; Short range navigation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Report/Paper Numbers: 76 CH 1118-9 OEC Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM