URBAN TRANSPORT ECONOMICS
While the book attempts to provide an understanding of urban transport economics, it also considers the effects of social, political and institutional constraints. The following chapters discuss the allocation of resources within the transport sector of the economy and its relationship to location and urban structures:-Resource Allocation, price theory and policy, Kolsen,H and Docwra,G; The pricing of urban transport: Some implications of recent theory, Forsyth,P; Cost-benefit analysis, Hotchkess,W; The evaluation of urban transport improvements, Stanley,J and Nash,C; Demand for urban passenger transport, Hensher,D; Urban freight, Hicks,S; Integrated urban transport and location analysis, Hansen,S; Transport and land-use determinants of urban structure, Paterson,J; Transport decision-making and its spatial repercussions, Rimmer, P; The sociology of urban transport planning: A socio-political perspective, Healey,P. The urban transportation study, Duhs,A and Beggs, J.
Cambridge University PressBentley House, 200 Euston Road
London NW1, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 277 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Demand; Economics; Freight transportation; Land use; Public transit; Sociology; Textbooks; Urban areas
- ITRD Terms: 224: Cost; 226: Cost benefit analysis; 285: Demand (econ); 255: Economics; 263: Economics of transport; 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 356: Land use; 1054: Network (traffic); 744: Public transport; 2253: Sociology; 8526: Textbook; 313: Urban area
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I10: Economics and Administration; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00173060
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Apr 12 1981 12:00AM