A DISCUSSION OF NATIONAL MARITIME POLICY IN RELATION TO OUR FUTURE AS AN ISLAND NATION
The American Shipper International Forum held at The New York Hilton Hotel on March 7-8, 1977 was structured to focus attention on the divergent and oft times conflicting aspects of existing maritime policy as it is administered by various agencies of the Federal Government. Recognized leaders of the maritime industry in America, and from abroad, contributed to the papers and discussion. The Forum made no attempt to resolve the many issues or set down specific recommendations which would be presented to lawmakers in Washington. Any attempt to do so would unquestionably run counter to the thoughts of some participants and was not appropriate.
- The American Shipper International Forum was held at the New York Hilton Hotel on March 7-8, 1977. (Cover title: Our Future as an Island Nation).
Howard Publications, Incorporated300 W. Adams Street, Suite 600, P.O. Box 4728
Jacksonville, FL USA 32201
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Coding systems; Cooperation; Economics; International; International compacts; International trade; Liner shipping; Maritime law; Merchant marine; Policy; Shipping; Shipping conferences; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Conference operations; National shipping policies; Seapower; Shipping codes; Shipping economics; Shipping policies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00172851
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Shipper International Forum
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM