REDUCING FIRE HAZARDS IN COMMERCIAL TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT
A review is given of the status of fire prevention design practices for current commercial transport aircraft and of the research and development activities aimed at providing additional fire prevention design criteria. Some actual fire incidents are described as illustrative examples.
- AGARD Conf Proceeding, Aircraft Operating Experience and Its Impact on Safety and Survivability at the Flight Mech Panel Symposium, Sandefjord, Norway, 31 May-3 June 1976.
Advisory Group Aerospace Research and Development7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- SCHAUFELE, R D
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Civil aviation; Design; Development; Fire causes; Fire prevention; Fires; Prevention; Protection; Research; Transport aircraft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft fires
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172770
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 212, Paper 17 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM