PREDICTION OF BEHAVIOR IN CASE OF FORCED LANDING ON LAND AND SEA
PREVISION DU COMPORTEMENT A L'AMERRISSAGE ET A L'ATTERRISSAGE FORCE
The paper deals with catapulted free-flight models of aircraft used in the design phase of a project as a prediction tool of the crash and ditching behavior of a full-scale aircraft. Similarity laws used for the dynamics of the airframe and the structural representation are given. A typical ditching test model is described.
- AGARD Conf Proceeding, Aircraft Operating Experience and Its Impact on Safety and Survivability at the Flight Mech Panel Symposium, Sandefford, Norway, 31 May-3 June 1976.
Advisory Group Aerospace Research and Development7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Durriez, F
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Crash landing; Ditching; Dynamics; Emergency airstrips; Forecasting; Landing; Mathematical models; Oceans
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Emergency landing
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172769
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 212, Paper 16 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM