CIVIL AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT ANALYSIS IN THE UNITED STATES "THE JET AGE"
The paper deals with the investigations and investigative techniques for the total fatal U. S. air carrier turbojet accident experience from 1958 through 1975. Early series of 707 and DC-8 accidents are examined and analyzed along with certain recent wind shear accidents.
- AGARD Conf Proceeding, Aircraft Operating Experience and Its Impact on Safety and Survivability at the Flight Mech Panel Symposium, Sandefjord, Norway, 31 May-3 June 1976.
Advisory Group for Aeronautical Res & Dev - NATO7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Anderson, C M
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation crashes; Aircraft; Civil aviation; Crash investigation; Crashes; Fatalities; Transport aircraft; Turbojet engines; Wind shear
- Identifier Terms: Boeing 707 aircraft; McDonnell Douglas aircraft; McDonnell Douglas DC-8
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172766
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 212, Paper 6 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM