Proceedings include 10 papers providing an up-to-date account and appraisal of aerodynamic noise concepts, theory, and experiments. Particular emphasis is given to practical methods for the prediction, measurement, and reduction of external noise from jet/fan aircraft. Detailed attention is given to the theory of aerodynamic noise generation and propagation, acoustics of jet efflux noise, engine exhaust noise characteristics, fan noise, airframe self-noise, airframe/engine interaction effects, aero-acoustic measurement and analysis techniques, aircraft flyover noise measurement, and noise source identification and location methods.
- AGARD Lecture Series, Aerodynamic Noise, at von Karman Inst Meet, Rhode St., Genese, Belgium, December 6-9, 1976. For individual papers selected by ATRIS see subject area 07, records 172754 through 172758, Bulletin 7801.
Advisory Group Aerospace Research and Development7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 316 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Aircraft; Aircraft noise; Engines; Exhaust gases; Fans; Forecasting; Jet propelled aircraft; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Overpasses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines; Exhaust noise; Noise measurement; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Fan noise
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172753
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 80
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM