FRACTURE MECHANICS DESIGN METHODOLOGY
Proceedings includes 11 papers which illustrate how fracture mechanics is used in the design of aircraft structures and their components. The following areas are addressed: practical applications of fracture mechanics in the design of new aircraft; durability and damage tolerance assessment in aircraft in service; design methodology for built-up sheet structures; selection of aircraft structural materials using fracture mechanics; and some special problems. Selected papers are indexed separately.
- AGARD Conference Papers presented at the Strucutre and Materials Panel (43rd), London, England, September 28-29, 1976.
Advisory Group Aerospace Research and Development7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 278 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft materials; Cracking; Durability; Fracture mechanics; Loss and damage; Methodology; Structural analysis; Structural design; Structural engineering; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design; Crack propagation
- Old TRIS Terms: Damage tolerant design
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172729
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 221 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM