WEATHER RADAR FOR LIGHT CENTERLINE THRUST AIRCRAFT
An airborne weather radar installation has been developed for light centerline thrust aircraft. A pod was developed and tested to attach to the underside of the wing and provide a location for a light weight antenna-receiver-transmitter unit. The offering of this installation to operators of these aircraft provides additional capability in the detection and avoidance of significant weather systems.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting, 29 March-1 April 1977.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Grandfield, J
- Barrett, B
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Detection and identification; Detectors; Meteorology; Private aircraft; Radar; Radar devices; Small aircraft; Weather radar
- Old TRIS Terms: Airborne equipment; Meteorological; Weather avoidance system
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Geotechnology; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172713
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770486 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM