ABS COMPUTERS, INCORPORATED
ABS Computers, Inc. (ABSCOMP) is part of the wholly-owned group of companies of the American Bureau of Shipping, an international classification society. For more than 115 years, ABS has established standards for the design, construction, and periodic survey of ships and other marine structures. To improve its engineering and business services, ABS inaugurated its own computer facility, more than a decade ago, to serve its technical staff and network of field offices in 88 countries. This facility was established as a subsidiary in 1976--ABS Computers, Inc.--after successfully responding to the corporate requirements of ABS. ABSCOMP develops and maintains programs for business and information retrieval applications, and markets the unique ABSIRS system of maritime information. In addition, ABSCOMP offers computer time and other data processing services to all industries. MARITIME APPLICATION SOFTWARE: Information on the engineering programs developed and/or maintained by the American Bureau of Shipping, the parent company of ABSCOMP, is available on request. These programs include a wide variety of capabilities for the anaysis of structures and machinery under differing conditions. A brochure, "ABS Computer Programs for Marine Structures," provides a description of some of these programs. ABSIRS: A large, comprehensive data base of more than 50,000 vessels and other marine structures worldwide is available through this system. A brochure describing characteristics provided by ABSIRS is available on request.
ABS Computers, Incorporated45 Broad Street
New York, NY USA 10004
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Databases; Information processing; Information storage and retrieval systems; Information systems; Structural analysis
- Identifier Terms: American Bureau of Shipping
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Structural analysis); Maritime information systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00172689
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Bureau of Shipping
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM