Discusses not only the traditional problems of ship hydrodynamics, such as resistance and propulsion, maneuvering and seakeeping, but also closely related problems in the newer field of ocean engineering, such as the wave forces acting on oil drilling rigs, storage vessels, and pipelines submerged in currents.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Press55 Haywood Street
Cambridge, MA United States 02142-1493
- Newman, J N
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Pagination: 432 p.
- TRT Terms: Fluid resistance; Force; Hydrodynamics; Maneuvering; Propulsion; Seakeeping; Ship motion; Ships; Underwater pipelines; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Submerged pipelines; Wave forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172688
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Pergamon Press, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM