RAIL TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON THE DELMARVA PENINSULA
Following the failure of Southern Railway and railroad labor to agree on acquisition of Penn Central lines on the Delmarva Peninsula, legislation required RSPO to report on why the final system plan was not followed in the Southern's case and recommendations on continuation of viable rail service in the area. Recommendations for assumption of the service by a short-line railroad were made.
- Report to the Congress submitted in accordance with Section 302 of the Rail Transportation Improvement Act Ex Parte No. 293 (SUB-NO. 11).
Interstate Commerce Commission,
- Publication Date: 1977-4-19
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 155 p.
- TRT Terms: Deficits; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Industry structure; Maintenance of way; Railroad traffic; Short line railroads; Subsidies; Traffic density; Traffic forecasting; Traffic managers
- Identifier Terms: Conrail; Southern Railway
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shippers
- Geographic Terms: Delaware; Maryland; Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Light density lines; Short line
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00172637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Interstate Commerce Commission
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM