The JETFOIL is an advanced design high speed hydrofoil that was developed to provide competitive commercial transport on either protected or open ocean water routes. Presently in service on the waters of four continents, the JETFOILS have carried 2-1/2 million passengers 120 million passenger miles since they began operation in April 1975. The wide body comfort and smooth ride have generated great passenger appeal and load factors have continued to rise. This passenger appeal, ability to go in all kinds of seas and weather, combined with a fast ride, are offered by no other competitive craft.
Boeing CompanyBoeing Marine Systems, P.O. Box 3707
Seattle, WA USA 98124
- Shultz, W M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Ferries; Foil; High speed craft; Hydrofoil boats; Marine transit; Passenger ships; Passenger transportation; Struts; Vehicle design; Waterjet propelled craft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Passenger vessels; Waterjet propulsion
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172577
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Boeing Marine Systems
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM