THE NATIONAL SHIPBUILDING RESEARCH PROGRAM; CATALOG OF EXISTING SMALL TOOLS FOR SURFACE PREPARATION AND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT FOR BLASTERS AND PAINTERS
The objective of this project has been to provide supervisors of shipyard surface preparation and coating operators with a catalog of the small tools and support equipment used by blasters and painters. The prime criteria for format development being easy reference and understanding of the data presented. The catalog contains equipment description, pictures, suppliers, recommended applications, description of surface obtained and equipment limitations. Additionally, the principles of efficient application of the equipment was stressed. Emphasis was placed on the evaluation of equipment and methods of surface preparation that may be used for shipyard repair of painted surfaces. The evaluation of equipment surveyed was made on the basis of meeting safety standards, effectiveness, and comfort of the workman.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Blast cleaning; Coatings; Equipment tests; Evaluation; Safety; Shipyards; Standards; Surface preparation; Tools
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Osha standards; Shipyard safety; Shipyard tools
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00172574
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM