EFFECTS OF ENERGY CONSTRAINTS ON TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS, PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE, 3RD, 1976
Proceedings include 21 technical papers. Topics of discussion included: historical and forecast trends of energy consumption within the transportation sector; energy intensiveness of various modes of transportation; motivations and strategies for energy conservation plans; effects of various urban patterns on personal travel needs; innovative technological modes of transportation from the energy viewpoint. Possible improvements in auto design and engine; innovative technological modes of transportation from the energy viewpoint; Interrelationships of environment, energy, and transportation; Possible Research topics; and role of federal, state, and local agencies. Selected papers are indexed separately.
- Conference held at Union College, Schenectady, New York, August 2-6, 1976.
Energy Research and Development Administration20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Mittal, R K
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 408 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Conservation; Design; Economics; Energy; Energy conservation; Energy consumption; Energy resources; Environmental impacts; Forecasting; Fuel consumption; Fuels; Highway transportation; Intergovernmental relations; Modal analysis; Modal split; Needs assessment; Research; Supply; Transportation; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel shortage
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Energy; Environment; Research; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00172506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-760895 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM