IMPROVED LNG SEMI TRAILER DESIGN
There are two basic designs for cargo tank trailers used in the transportation of liquefied natural gas. In one design, the outer barrel acts as the structural member and supports the inner barrel concentrically. In the other design, the inner tank serves as the structural member and is insulated and provided with a jacket to protect and seal the insulation from the elements. There is a need for both types of trailers, advantages and disadvantages to both, and some cases where their applications may overlap. This paper principally deals with the latter type of tank trailer.
- Prepared for a meeting held September 18-22, 1977.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Preston, D
- Henderson, J A
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Natural gas; Tank trucks; Tanks (Containers); Tractor trailer combinations; Trailers; Transportation; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tank trailers
- Subject Areas: Design; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00172490
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME 77-Pet-57
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM