COMPUTER CODING OF ENVIRONMENTAL SURVEYING DATA
A method is described for coding environmental surveying data which could be performed as a professional service by surveying firms for planning agencies or for adding desirable environmental information to a multi-purpose cadastre. The description of the mechanics of the data coding is followed by possible applications by urban and regional planners. The method can be applied for planning new communities, determining county zoning, continuing urban & regional planning by county or other planning commissions, and planning for small developments by private developers. The data stored in the computer represents an important part of any multi-purpose cadastre.
- Proceedings of 43rd Annual Meeting of American Society of Photogrammetry held jointly with 37th Meeting of American Congress on Surveying and Mapping, Washington, D.C, February 27-March 5, 1977.
American Society of Photogrammetry105 North Virginia Avenue
Falls Church, VA USA 22046
American Congress on Surveying and MappingWoodward Building, Room 430, 733 15th Street, N W
Washington, DC USA 20005
- Buckner, R B
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Coding systems; Data processing; Environment; Environmental protection; Information organization; Land use; Regional planning; Surveying; Zoning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data; Environmental data
- Old TRIS Terms: Coding
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Environment; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00172482
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 77-261 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM