NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COUNTY ENGINEERS ACTION GUIDE SERIES, VOLUME XV: TRAVEL GENERATION
This manual provides trip generation data for various land use activities for different geographical areas of the U.S., and presents methods for conducting traffic studies that will produce trip generation data. The manual also outlines ways in which the trip generation data can be used in reviewing proposed development plans, developing an areawide transportation plan, and determining the need for county highway system upgrading or isolated safety improvements. Appendices are included which give details on trip generation rates, the determination of current and 20-year projected traffic volumes on a specific route, and the determination of current and 20-year PM peak hour volumes on a specific route. The information provided here supplements the NACE Action Guide, "Planning County Road Systems".
- Research performed in accordance with a contract from DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
National Association of County EngineersLinn County Courthouse
Cedar Rapids, IA United States 52401
National Association of Counties Res Foundation308 Jacolyn Drive, NW
Cedar Rapids, IA United States 32405
- Hansen, D L
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: County roads; Highway safety; Highways; Improvements; Land use; Modernization; Peak hour traffic; Traffic volume; Trip generation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Society;
- Accession Number: 00172474
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-7709
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM