NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COUNTY ENGINEERS ACTION GUIDE SERIES, VOLUME X: SPOT SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS INCLUDING ROADWAY LIGHTING
This manual which is designed to help local officals to inventory hazard spots and to eliminate hazards, will also help officials in their relations with their constituents by making roads and streets safer. Road lighting as an aid to safety is also discussed. Sight distance, restrictive widths, railroad crossings and other potential hazards are covered, and the implementation of spot improvements is discussed in relation to accident locations, traffic volume, geometric standards for local roads, comparison of costs of alternate methods of correction, setting priorities and public support. Roadway lighting warrants and design are also covered. Appendices provide information on federal actions related to spot improvements, authority for actions outside right-of-way, and warrant for lighting an intersection.
- Research performed in accordance with a contract from DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
National Association of County EngineersLinn County Courthouse
Cedar Rapids, IA United States 52401
National Association of Counties Res Foundation308 Jacolyn Drive, NW
Cedar Rapids, IA United States 32405
- Epps, G
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Costs; Hazards; Highway design; Highway safety; Improvements; Intersections; Inventory; Pavements; Public relations; Railroad grade crossings; Sight distance; Strategic planning; Street lighting; Streets; Traffic volume; Warrants (Traffic control devices); Width
- Uncontrolled Terms: Public support
- Old TRIS Terms: Local street; Pavement width
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00172472
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-7709
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM