NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COUNTY ENGINEERS ACTION GUIDE SERIES, VOLUME IX: PUBLIC SUPPORT
This guide attempts to make county engineers aware of the importance of a public support program, and to outline public relations procedures for engineers who have direct responsibility for their own public relations program. The functions of a public relations programs and its planning are outlined, and civic and service organizations which should be addressed (through speeches, exhibits and tours) are noted. The various media for communicating to the public are considered. Relations between the county engineer and the County Board, intergovernmental relations, public hearings and environmental impact reports are reviewed, and comments are made on the preparation and content of the annual report.
- Research performed in accordance with a contract from DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
National Association of County EngineersLinn County Courthouse
Cedar Rapids, IA USA 52401
National Association of Counties Res Foundation308 Jacolyn Drive, NW
Cedar Rapids, IA USA 32405
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental impacts; Intergovernmental relations; Mass media; Public hearings; Public relations; Social values
- Uncontrolled Terms: Public support
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Environment; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00172471
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-7709
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM