NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COUNTY ENGINEERS ACTION GUIDE SERIES, VOLUME VI: REFUSE DISPOSAL
This study which provides a basis for the establishment of a refuse disposal policy, considers the following elements: individual disposal, urban collection, suburban collection, disposal site procurement, disposal site operation, and disposal site disposition after completion of operation. General terminology, classification terminology and specific terminology are defined, the types of refuse collection are described, and general ordinance provisions and franchise operations are outlined. Disposal methods, planning considerations, site preparation and operational requirements for sanitary landfills are covered. Transfer stations (types, design and economic aspects) are reviewed, and comments are made on financing refuse disposal operations.
- Research performed in accordance with a contract from DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
National Association of County EngineersLinn County Courthouse
Cedar Rapids, IA United States 52401
National Association of Counties Res Foundation308 Jacolyn Drive, NW
Cedar Rapids, IA United States 32405
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Financing; Regulations; Suburbs; Urban areas; Waste disposal; Waste disposal facilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Collection
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00172468
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-7709
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM