NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COUNTY ENGINEERS ACTION GUIDE SERIES, VOLUME 5: PLANNING COUNTY ROAD SYSTEMS
This manual, which is supplementary to the NACE Action Guide, "Comprehensive Planning", provides engineers in rural and developing counties with guidelines to assist in planning road systems. The manual also covers land subdivision regulations, utilities location and flood control. Guidelines are provided for the construction of facilities that fit into a community plan. Highway physical features such as capacity, location and design should be determined with regard to the present and expected needs and growth of the county. Guidelines are also provided for upgrading existing subdivision regulations, and for the ways in which utilities may be placed and permits provided. Guidelines are also presented for developing long range plans for disposing of surface waters in new areas where subdivisions are likely to projected. The intensive development of primarily agricultural land for residential, commercial and industrial uses makes it imperative that drainage and flood control measures and facilities be planned and integrated with other major elements in providing for safe, efficient and orderly community growth.
- Research performed in accordance with a contract from DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
National Association of County EngineersLinn County Courthouse
Cedar Rapids, IA USA 52401
National Association of Counties Res Foundation308 Jacolyn Drive, NW
Cedar Rapids, IA USA 32405
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: County roads; Drainage; Flood protection; Highway capacity; Highway design; Highway planning; Land subdivision; Public utilities; Regional transportation; Regulations; Rural areas; Social values; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Utilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Economics; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Law; Society;
- Accession Number: 00172467
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-7709
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM