NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COUNTY ENGINEERS ACTION GUIDE SERIES, VOLUME 3: ADVANCE ROAD PROGRAMS
Advance road programming involves determining in advance the transportation needs of the county, then scheduling construction to accomplish the work within definite time limits. This manual presents detailed information on the following steps in such programming: inventory, classification, measuring improvement needs, financial planning, priority analysis, and program assembly. All steps should be continuous activities, with the results of one program leading to another through constant evaluation.
- Research performed in accordance with a contract from DOT, Federal Highway Administraion.
National Association of County EngineersLinn County Courthouse
Cedar Rapids, IA United States 52401
National Association of Counties Res Foundation308 Jacolyn Drive, NW
Cedar Rapids, IA United States 32405
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification; Construction scheduling; Financing; Highways; Improvements; Inventory; Needs assessment; Programming (Planning); Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Highway classification
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway programming
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Economics; Operations and Traffic Management; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00172465
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-7709
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM