A STUDY OF ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED TRANSPORTATION IN HANCOCK COUNTY
The purposes of this study are to determine the special transportation needs of the elderly and handicapped persons living within the boundaries of the study area, Hancock County, Ohio, and to develop strategies for improving the transportation services presently available in this county. The study includes information concerning the character of the community, estimates of the elderly and handicapped populations, their travel characteristics, an inventory of existing transportation services, a survey of potential financial resources, and an evaluation of the extent that the existing and proposed transportation services will satisfy the transit demand of the transportation disadvantaged. Opportunities for coordination and consolidation of local transportation services are also discussed. /Author/
- This report was sponsored by the DOT, Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Columbus, OH USA 43215
- Boden, R N
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Economic factors; Inventory; Needs assessment; Physically handicapped persons; Population forecasting; Social values; Transportation; Transportation operations; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00172434
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-OH-09-8001 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: UMTA Proj OH-09-8001
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 26 1981 12:00AM