SPECIALIZED TYPES OF BULK CARRIERS
The study examines the development of these ship types as well as other, less numerous specialized vessels--self discharging bulk carriers, cement carriers, etc. Six main categories of specialized bulk vessel are distinguished in all, a section of the report, quantifying the existing and newbuilding fleets and identifying the commodities, trades and routes offering employment, being devoted to each type. Each review extends to a discussion of the trading potential of the vessels under consideration, reference being made to the degree of design and operational specialization possessed and to differences in dimensions, performance and cargo-handling capability. Statistics classifying salient vessel characteristics--size, age, ownership, etc.--are also provided and the sections include comprehensive Appendices, listing the existing units of each fleet.
- Price is $75.00.
Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) LimitedResearch Division, 24 Brook Street
London W1Y 2LL, England
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile rack cars; Bulk carriers; Cargo compartments; Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Ore carriers; Ships by size; Unloaders
- Old TRIS Terms: Car carriers; Cargo capacity; Self unloading equipment
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00172388
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) Limited
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 59
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM