CAD systems have such a great potential for economic and creative impact, that they have become a subject of study themselves in the last few years. New developments in command languages, artificial intelligence, data structures, inexpensive hardware, and executive systems organization have not been previously examined in their own right. Existing literature that is not oriented to a single topic, addresses systems by discussing applications. This book presents the principles of many of the fundamental aspects of CAD systems. It encompasses the fundamentals of CAD systems. It is organized into five sections: 1--Executive Systems, II--Command Languages, III--Data Structures, IV--Hardware, and V--General Overview. The topics of economics, social implications, the merits of enhancing creativity, and several other topics were omitted from the program when the conference was conceived. The confernce itself, and these Proceedings, have been conceived and organized to present to CAD professionals around the world the first comprehensive analysis of CAD system fundamentals. This book serves as a text for professors, a reference for planners, and a guide for CAD professionals.
- From the IFIP Working Conference on Computer Aided Design Systems. Cost of book is $28.00.
International Federation of Automatic Control, Laxenburg (Austria); International Federation for Information Processing, Geneva (Switzerland),
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 458 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Computer aided design; Computer graphics; Economics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00172386
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Federation of Automatic Control, Laxenburg (Austria); International Federation for Information Processing, Geneva (Switzerland)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM