MARINE TERMINAL CONTROL SYSTEM: FINAL REPORT
This report describes the design and development of a prototype computer-based marine terminal control system with automatic container identification. It documents the mini-computer system configuration with input/output devices positioned at key control points within the terminal and covers the operational performance of this system at the Howland Hook, Staten Island, New York container terminal.
Computer Identics CorporationWestwood, MA United States
- Collins, D
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Automatic equipment identification; Automation; Container terminals; Containerization; Containers; Control systems; Information processing; Information systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic container identification; Automatic control systems; Container identification systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00172376
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA 3-36255
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM