A STUDY OF MINORITY BUSINESS PARTICIPATION IN THE URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY VOLUME III--PUBLIC TRANSIT CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITIES FOR MINORITY BUSINESS ENTERPRISES: A MANUAL
UMTA"S Office of Civil Rights (UCR) commissioned this 3-volumed study to establish a data base on the current level of Minority Business Enterprises (MBE) participation in the planning, development, and implementation of transit systems and to recommend changes in enforcement strategies in order to substnatially increase MBE participation. This Manual, volume III, provides information on procurement programs, the Title VI Regulations, the contracting procedures utilized by various transit properties, and the names and addresses of MBE Liaison Officers by region. This Manual also contains suggestions for doing business with transit properties relative to the transit/marketing contracting process. A study of MBE procurement activities with 21 transit properties indicated a need to develop this manual. This Manual reflects those elements MBE's need to successfully obtain business from transit properties. The ADDENDA herein contains: Definition of Transit Terms; Selected Active UMTA Grants by Amount and Purpose; Selected MBE Contract Awards; List of MBE Liaison Officers; List of Commonly Procured Items; MBE Marketing Check List; National Trade and Professional Associations List; and Minority Contractors and Technical Assistance Organizations. /Author/
- Sponsored by the Department of Transportation, Urban Mass Transportation Administration. Volumes 1, 2, and 3 are available from NTIS as a set, PB.-274772/A21. Volume 4 Minority Business Capabilities, Data bank is computerized and is available from UMTA's Office of Civil Rights upon written request.
One America, Incorporated1750 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 418
Washington, DC USA 20006
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Contracting; Managerial personnel; Manuals; Marketing; Minorities; Public transit; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00172065
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0146-77-3Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-600079T
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1981 12:00AM